Thursday, January 04, 2007

2. The Black Death

Number 2: The Black Death
(Named due to its colour, and not due to taste or alcohol percentage.)

1 can Coopers Stout
1 can Maltshovel Oatmeal Stout
both kit yeats

Brewing Notes:
Mull brewed this for me while I was in Ecuador, so i really don't know what he did. Can't have been too technical though. It did ferment for about two weeks though, filling the house of two blokes who don't like stout too much with the lovely odor of said brilliant style of beer.

Tasting Notes:
1 month: Not bad really, a tad mild compared to the likes of Cooppers Best Extra, but nice, inoffensive, brilliant as a winter quaffer i reckon. It is so black, and has a good head too. Bloody filling though, especially with Dominos Pizza. Would do it again, but only if the kits were on special again. Feels like it is be about 6-7% alc/vol.
8/5/07 I really don't know what happened to all this, I can't recall drinking it, I just know that I did. Can't have been too bad, but at least we know it was around 6% for sure now. I think there are two left, one for me, one for Mull. I'll take notes this time.

No comments: